Sunday, August 16, 2009

Live Soundtracks to Russian Animation


We (Gojogo + guests) had our 1st of 2 shows last night and it went nicely. All the great musicians involved in this project rose to the occasion and we had a great turnout. I'm looking forward to today's matinee which is geared to be kid-friendly. Driving to a workshop on Friday morning I was stunned to hear a plug for the event on KQED's 'The Do List'- they even play an excerpt of a tune from the CD "All Is Fair" that I play on. Check it out here under the Friday August 14, 2009 archive. The venue is the San Francisco Community Music Center. Details are available at www.gojogo.com

2 comments:

  1. I remember the film I was commenting about in your "russian animation" post a while back. It was actually a french thing called Fantastic Planet (english). Check it if you haven't already.

    You are in Reno right now. I'm sure you are in a ridiculous state. Not too compromised, I hope. Had an absolute blast at the bachelor party! Love you, man - see ya at your official hitching party ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a great trailer for Fantastic Planet on YouTube. It looks strangely familiar- maybe it made it's way into my diet through PBS or between Scooby Doo episodes?

    ReplyDelete